[Zope-CMF] Re: Plone needs a release this week

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Aug 5 14:15:01 EDT 2007

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 2 Aug 2007, at 13:55, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
>> Previously yuppie wrote:
>>> 1.) Exporting the ISiteRoot utility, 'object' should be empty. But I get
>>> this instead:
>>>
>>>   <utility interface="Products.CMFCore.interfaces._content.ISiteRoot"
>>>      object="SITE_ID"/>
>>>

>>> 2.) By placeless components I mean something like this:
>>>
>>>   <utility component="foo.bar" interface="foo.IBar"/>
>>>
>>> The import works fine, but the export looks like this:
>>>
>>>   <utility factory="foo.Bar" interface="foo.IBar"/>
>>
>> I'm quite sure I had both of those working last time I touched GS. I'll
>> poke at them later this week.
>
> I'm supposed to do a CMF 2.1.0 release today, but the state of these
> issues is unclear. Wichert, did you look at it? There are no checkins
> into either CMF or GS as far as I can see. Export now yields this:
>
> placeless component:
>
>   <utility interface="Products.CMFCore.interfaces._tools.IMetadataTool"
>      object="portal_metadata"/>

This is not what I would call placeless. My example looks like this:

<utility component="foo.bar" interface="foo.IBar"/>

'foo.bar' is the dotted name of an object in a python module, not in the
ZODB. The 'component' feature is not used by the CMF, but GenericSetup
claims to support it.

> the site root:
>
>   <utility interface="Products.CMFCore.interfaces._content.ISiteRoot"
>      object="SITE_ID"/>
>
> I was able to import a snapshot that contained a componentregistry
> export of this format, though.

I guess this only works with a site that has the same ID and no
sub-object with this ID. Not very reliable and confusing.

> Can I go ahead and roll a GS 1.3.1 and then a CMF 2.1.0 using GS 1.3.1
> or are there any showstoppers left?

I made a list of things that should be fixed in my opinion. But I can't
decide what is a showstopper and what isn't.

Cheers,

	Yuppie