[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] GenericSetup: using global steps

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Dec 22 15:04:09 EST 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Worse, an import is potentially destructive.  I am now of the opinion
> that content import / export should be treated as a separate
> application, not built into the profile.

 From a design perspective, I'd tend to agree. I've always felt that the
'structure' import step sat a bit awkwardly with the rest of GS.

That said, there are grey bits. For example, I'm working on a Plone
enhancement to make it possible to manage portlet setup (assignment) via
GenericSetup. That's easy enough for "global" portlets, but some
portlets may be assigned to specific folders. Both export and import are
tricky here.

Martin