[Zope-CMF] Properties tab for files missing in ZMI - CMF

roel buro-a.it at scarlet.be
Fri Dec 28 08:09:48 EST 2007

Hello there,

first of all, I hereby present to all of you my best wishes for 2008.

That said, I have problems accessing the properties of file objects (pdf,
images, ... ) added to a CMF site. All I get is the 'Dublin Core' page. When I
hit the 'Edit' tab, I get errors like:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 47, in missing_name
  Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 694, in badRequestError

There seems to be missing (meta)data, but I have no (direct) way to edit these
entries.
I got to the point where I can access these properties by creating a custom
url out of the location-url/filename/manage_propertiesForm and pasting this in
a browser.

In the early days (Zope 2.5.1 & CMF 1.3) there was a 'Properties' tab when
accessing a file object in a CMF site trough the ZMI. We've recently installed
Zope 2.10.4 & CMF 2.1.0. When I create a file object outside a CMF site, the
'Properties' tab is displayed as I'm used to ...

How can I (re)enable the 'Properties' tab for files in CMF 2.1.0?

Best regards, Roel

---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/