[Zope-CMF] Internationlisation question

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Fri Feb 9 18:54:08 EST 2007

Am 08.01.2007 um 16:59 schrieb Doyon, Jean-Francois:

> Zope 3 provides all sorts of localization functionality, including
> numbers, currency and calendaring.
>
> Look in zope.i18n.locales ...

Yes, I can see what's there but I do not seem to be able to call it
from a page template. If I try the following example from

http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZPTInternationalizationExamples

      i18n:domain="string:calendar" i18n:target="string:de"
      i18n:data="python:DateTime()">
     Based on what the id specifies, the date time object is returned in
     typical German format: Montag, 1. Januar 2001 (example)

I get the the error message

Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 238, in __call__
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 780, in do_defineSlot
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 772, in do_defineSlot
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 633, in do_insertTranslation
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 696, in translate
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence

The only thing I can think of is a missing message id "longDateTime"
which would have the translation format information. Or am I way off
the mark?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark