[Zope-CMF] Re: Five's local sitemanager, CMF, etc

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Feb 23 13:50:55 EST 2007

yuppie wrote:
> Hi Rocky!
>

> Rocky wrote:
>> Done.  five.localsitemanager is now included with CMFCore on the jens
>> branch.  There aren't any CMF specific tests in place for any of this,
>> but the CMFCore tests all run fine with sys.path stuff setup (they
>> failed when I misconfigured things).
>>
>> So... what's next?
>
> Maybe I'm missing something. But wasn't a major goal of
> five.localsitemanager to return acquisition wrapped tools?

That was my understanding, too. I thought this would just mean
aq_base'ing the utility and aq-wrapping it back into the context (the
portal root). Without this, we start requiring users of the interface to
know when aq wrapping is needed and do it explicitly with __of__() which
I think we agreed was unacceptably detailed and ugly. :)

> I can't find any code in five.localsitemanager that deals with that
> issue. So we now have support for nested sites, but still no support for
> utilities that need acquisition wrapping?

Hopefully, doing so would be pretty easy. :)

Martin