[Zope-CMF] Re: Five's local sitemanager, CMF, etc

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Feb 26 10:12:36 EST 2007

Rocky wrote:
> On Feb 23, 3:50 pm, Martin Aspeli <optil... at gmx.net> wrote:
>> yuppie wrote:
>>> Maybe I'm missing something. But wasn't a major goal of
>>> five.localsitemanager to return acquisition wrapped tools?
>> That was my understanding, too. I thought this would just mean
>> aq_base'ing the utility and aq-wrapping it back into the context (the
>> portal root). Without this, we start requiring users of the interface to
>> know when aq wrapping is needed and do it explicitly with __of__() which
>> I think we agreed was unacceptably detailed and ugly. :)
>
> Alright, I've gone ahead and put code in place for this (albeit a bit
> naively) with r72810.  The next question is whether we should be doing
> the same with adapters and subscribers as well (even though this
> doesn't affect the whole tools-getting-acquired-properly issue).

I'm a bit uneasy about the implementation. With
Acquisition.ImplicitAcquisitionWrapper(base, parent) it seems you're
wrapping all utilities, even those that don't inherit from acquisition
and potentially don't want acquisition. Even worse, you give them an
*implicit* acquisition wrapper.

I think _wrap() should be changed to:

     def _wrap(self, comp):
         """Return an aq wrapped component with the site as the parent.
         """
         if Acquisition.interfaces.IAcquirer.providedBy(comp)
             parent = Acquisition.aq_parent(self)
             if parent is None:
                 raise ValueError('Not enough context to acquire parent')

             base = Acquisition.aq_base(comp)
             comp = base.__of__(parent)
         return comp

This way, only objects that inherit from one of the Acquisition base
classes will be wrapped at all.

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5