[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF 2.1] FSPageTemplate & Unicode

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Sun Jan 7 09:01:56 EST 2007

Am 07.01.2007 um 14:26 schrieb Martin Aspeli:

> However, surely, if we agree that it's premature to do so,
> commenting out the line that sends a DeprecationWarning won't be
> much of a change?

That's just plain silly! The warning is the best way of informing
developers: "explicit is better than implicit". I agree with Jens
that should go through the archive discussions on this which covered
compatability issue. Anyway third party developers should be aware of
and checking for the version for their dependencies (I'd like a
utility for this for CMF but that's another issue) so that Product X
can be categorised as working with CMF versions 1.6 and 2.0 but
perhaps not 2.1.

+1 to go ahead with Jens' branch.

Charlie

--