[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF 2.1] FSPageTemplate & Unicode

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Jan 8 13:36:00 EST 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

>> The manual wrapping can be removed if we do use the special component
>> registry which would do it for us, right. Having it done behind the
>> scenes is obviously much better then trying to figure out if it's
>> needed and then doing it manually. It's also the exact same behavior
>> people got from getToolByName, so it's not really unexpected.
>
> Even in Zope3, I think that "local" utilities may need to be local,
> meaning that they know the "place" in which they are registered.

No they don't. There's nothing implied for local utilities, not even
persistence. Of course, many local utilities *are* persistent and stored
in a folder somewhere, thus have a __parent__ and all that. But that's
typically less of interest when *using* the utility.

> In Zope2, we *must* wrap them for the sake of security, if nothing else.

Sadly yes.

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!