[Zope-CMF] Re: Tools as local utilities

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jan 21 19:43:20 EST 2007

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I have now finished (well, finished awaiting feedback and help on one
> item) the work on the  "jens_tools_as_utilities" branch.
>
> There's one set of test failures out of
> CMFActionIcons/tests/test_exportimport that I can't quite interpret. I
> believe it has to do with the way the tests are set up, but I'm not
> sure. See traceback below.

You want to register the DefaultTraversable adapter for * (None). I'm
sure other tests in the CMF do this already, it should be easy to adapt
their setup code to that test.

> Other than that I have one unrelated failure in the GS tests themselves
> and some logger messages coming through, all those smell like test
> cleanup issues to me. If I run the GenericSetup tests by themselves I
> don't get any failure.

Shrug.

Long live layers to push all the Zope 2 crap into that can't be torn down.

> Error in test test_with_icon
> (Products.CMFActionIcons.tests.test_exportimport.Test_exportActionIconsTool)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[snip]
>   File
> "/usr/local/zope/src/Zope-2.10-branch/lib/python/zope/traversing/adapters.py",
> line 161, in traversePathElement
>     raise TraversalError('No traversable adapter found', obj)
> TraversalError: ('No traversable adapter found',
> <Products.CMFActionIcons.exportimport.ActionIconsToolExportConfigurator
> object at 0x3782510>)

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!