[Zope-CMF] Re: Possible beta/rc ?

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Mon Jul 9 18:57:34 EDT 2007

Previously yuppie wrote:
> AFAICS we are close to a new beta, but not close enough to get all
> things done this week:
>

> 1.) there are some showstoppers in GenericSetup:
>
> -> see the separate replies

I believe I fixed those.

> 2.) the migration code for CMFDefault sites is insufficient:
>
> Upgrading from CMF 2.0 should work fine, but the migration code for CMF
> 2.1 beta sites is incomplete: There is a hack in
> PortalObjectBase.getSiteManager that fixes old site manager instances on
> the fly, but I don't want to have that code in the final CMF 2.1
> release. There is also no code for unregistering the tools that are no
> longer utilities. No volunteers so far.

This can possibly be taken from the CMFPlone migration code which does
that. See the registerToolsAsUtilities method in
http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/CMFPlone/trunk/migrations/v3_0/alphas.py
I have never used a non-Plone CMF site so I'm probably not the best
person to write migration code for CMF. I do need to get Plone 3.0-rc1
out Real Soon (as in yesterday, but this week at the very latest) so I
can look into this if that will make sure a CMF 2.1 release will happen.

> 3.) we have no roadmap for getting rid of non-utility tools:

That's the seperate thread :)

Wichert.