[Zope-CMF] Re: Moving to browser views

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Jul 18 17:32:54 EDT 2007

Am 18.07.2007 um 23:10 schrieb Maurits van Rees:

> No, that is the name.  That means you can do
>
>   tal:define="view context/@@event_iCal_view"
>
> in a template that has an IEvent provider as context.
>
> The class is the EventiCalView class in event.py.

Yes, thanks.
>> So, let's say I need to turn my creation date into
>> 20030127T090000Z
>>
>> I can call this in my view class via
>> self.startdate = self.context.CreationDate()
>>
>> and call this in my template via
>>
>> view/startdate?
>
> Yes.  You need to do the tal:define above first though, unless there
> is some other magic (well, code) that hooks up this view to that
> specific template.

Actually I don't define the view explicitly in the template as my
class calls it directly.

> I think that is done when you specify
> template="mytemplate" in the zcml snippet.

Well, I've now got two classes (EventvCalView has to set different
headers so I can't see an easy way round this in ZCML) and two
different templates. Everything is working fine apart from the
content-type is remaining steadfastly text/html! Content-Disposition
is being set correctly. How do I fix this? ;-)

Tomorrow I'll try and write the tests for this so that I can submit
the patch. And I'll also have something to talk about at the
Rheinland ZUG meeting on Friday! ;-)

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark