[Zope-CMF] Workflowable folders & traversing issues

Doyon, Jean-Francois jdoyon at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Jun 6 13:42:29 EDT 2007

Hello,

I would like to have folders (and/or folder-ish content, if you prefer), fully wokflowable.

That is, when a folder is set private, it shouldn't be traversable, and nothing under it should be accessible to anonymous users (assuming your standard workflow persmissions).  As it stands this isn't the case, and folders are not workflowed.

I've looked at using __boob_traverse__ on my Folder class, but that seems to mess with the security context, as I suddenly start getting unauthorized errors with something like:

    def __bobo_traverse__(self, REQUEST, name=None):
        print 'GOT HERE'
        return getattr(self, name, self)

(Specifically, I can't access properties() on the Folder instance for example?)

I've looksed at using the registerBeforeTraverse & friends hooks, but those rely on *calling the object* as fas I know (With NameCaller), and I'm not sure overriding __call__ on my Folder class would be such a good idea.

I imagine this has been done before?  Any thoughts/ideas/solutions?  Oh and I didn't see any permission setting that seem to control this also ... that would be ideal of course :)

Thanks!

Jean-François Doyon
Data Dissemination Division | Division de la diffusion des données
Data Management and Dissemination Branch | Direction de la gestion et de la diffusion des données
Earth Sciences Sector | Secteur des sciences de la Terre
Natural Resources Canada | Ressources naturelles Canada
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0E9
jdoyon at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-992-4902
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-947-2410
Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur 613-996-4397