[Zope-CMF] Re: state of GenericSetup trunk and branches

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jun 21 05:25:35 EDT 2007

Rob Miller wrote:
> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> Just merge and I'll take it from there.
>
> done.  sorry for the delay.

I still did not manage to look at all the changes, but I have some
questions regarding metadata.xml:

- Why is it necessary to use version numbers from VERSION.txt? AFAICS it
does not make much sense to keep profile version numbers in sync with
product version numbers. New profiles should have an explicit version in
metadata.xml, old profiles can use '0' as version number. No?

- Why uses ProfileMetadata the old ImportConfiguratorBase?
ImportConfiguratorBase is just not deprecated because GenericSetup still
uses it in some places. But the goal was to get rid of it, not to add
new files that depend on it.

- Why is exporting metadata.xml not supported?

- How are profile dependencies specified, where are they used?

Cheers, Yuppie