[Zope-CMF] ICS support for CMF Calendar

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Fri Jun 22 05:01:43 EDT 2007

Am 22.06.2007 um 10:34 schrieb Dan Fairs:

> You might try Chris Withers' Twiddler:
>
>   http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/twiddler
>
> Might be a piledriver for your nail though!

Hi Dan,

I don't want to introduce a dependency on twiddler or genshi into
CMFCalendar and it's not necessary for this as the template requires
little or no logic: formatting or string.Template are more than
adequate but I would like to have the template outside of the calling
script. You can in fact use ZPT quite well for non *ML if you use the
pseudo-tags
<tal:content tal:content="options/start_date" /> is only a little bit
more verbose than %(start_date)s or $start_date but it would be nice
to have a handler for string.Template templates. Is it possible to
work with .txt?

ie.
template = context.event_ics_template()
template = template % options # or template.substitute(options)

The bigger problem seems that there is no easy way to get the
timezone needed to get appointments to work properly. vCal requires
timezone id's like Europe/Amsterdam. Looks like the only thing is to
coerce the time to what the server thinks is UTC and hope the client
will do the conversion.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark