[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: Effective Date inconsistencies

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sat Jun 23 13:24:56 EDT 2007

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:15:02 -0700, Wichert Akkerman
<wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:

> Previously Laurence Rowe wrote:
>> How about changing EffectiveDate to:
>>
>>         return ed and ed.toZone(zone).ISO() or ''
>>
>> from the existing (as pointed out by Charlie):
>>
>>         return ed and ed.toZone(zone).ISO() or 'None'
>>
>> It would seem the least risky fix. (I'm not sure it's strictly a bug but
>> it struck me as completely brain dead when I was caught out by it).
>
> We can't change it - people may rely on the current behaviour.

Which I why I ask here, people that may rely on this are likely to be on
this list (and able to speak up about it).

The fact that zope.dublincore got it right makes it even more interesting
to harmonize them, IMO.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net