[Zope-CMF] Re: Making TypesTool faster

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed May 2 18:50:40 EDT 2007

On Wed, 02 May 2007 10:03:39 -0700, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> +1, but I don't think the two need to be mutually exclusive.

Amen.

> At present, Archetypes-based content types cannot be used with a factory
> (I
> tried hard, but there are some acquisition-related/factory related
> reasons);
> I'd like to refactor this, but we can't for Plone 3.0 at least.

Right. Obviously, we'd like to do this "the proper way", but we can't do
that for a while yet.

> Given that Alec & co essentially had a patch which worked, I suggest
> that we
> have a look at it, and include it if possible, and then encourage the use
> factories in general. I'd hope we could avoid deprecating it outright
> until
> we can fix up AT to use them, though.

Also note that according to Alec, it would work better as a instance-level
thing than a thread-level one.

Isn't this something like 2 lines of code in TypesTool? :)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net