[Zope-CMF] CMF Installation

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:03:07 EST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 7:26 PM, Xavier Balling <xballs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Next I unzipped the CMF-2.1.0.zip to the C:\Zope\Instance\2.10.5\Products
> directory.  I completly restarted my machine

You only need to restart Zope.

> opened Zope, looked in the
> Products folder and I do not recognize any CMF objects, nor in the Add menu
> are there any CMF objects.  What should be here?

Yeah, there should be CMF stuff there.

> How do I go about troubleshooting this problem and getting CMF installed properly?

First start Zope in debug mode. That way it will complain if it fails
to load a product.
Secondly, you probably want to look at Plone instead. CMF is a
framework for writing content management systems. Plone is a system
using CMF. But where CMF is just a framework needs development before
it gets useful, Plone is useful out of the box.

http://www.plone.org/

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64