[Zope-CMF] Re: Content types based on Python objects

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Nov 29 04:55:07 EST 2007

Am 28.11.2007 um 19:49 schrieb Philipp von Weitershausen:

> Right. You can't mix built-in types with ExtensionClasses (pretty
> much anything in Zope 2 is an ExtensionClass). Actually,
> subclassing the built-in types usually only works for trivial cases.
>
> UserDict (or PersistentDict) is the right thing to use here.

Lucky for me that some clever person came up with these modules! ;-)
Anything else I need to look out for?

Not sure if this is entirely the correct way but I do not need an
essentially trivial object: a dictionary addressable by X, by Y and
(X, Y).

This will be the storage for an editable table. I guess I should
probably be looking at zope.formlib or z3c.form for this but looking
at the documentation I'm not sure if the dictionary schema is
suitable as this is for an object that will be dynamically resizable.

This is going to be my first implementation from a Python object in
Zope using browser views so I'm quite excited!

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20