[Zope-CMF] Move CMF collector to Launchpad (redux)

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Fri Oct 26 04:43:41 EDT 2007

--On 25. Oktober 2007 12:40:28 +0200 Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>
wrote:

> Previously Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Now that the Zope and Zope3 collectors have been migrated
>> successfully onto Launchpad, and there seems to be a good routine in
>> place to preserve history and ensure automatic redirects, I wanted to
>> bring up the question again. Should we move the CMF collector to
>> Launchpad?
>>
>> I personally had one remaining issue, namely the fact that my main
>> browser (OmniWeb) could not display Launchpad at all due to a CSS bug
>> in OW itself. All that has been fixed, and the Launchpad team has
>> been very cooperative and responsive. So my own vote at this point is
>> +1:
>>
>>  - one less thing to maintain ourselves
>>
>>  - apparently there's a new zope.org push, and not having to deal
>> with collectors will make life easier for the people involved
>>
>>  - it will be easier to create relationships between Zope and CMF
>> bug reports (I am making an assumption here, haven't tried it)
>>
>> Can we have a show of hands, so to speak?
>
> I remember one of the popular objections was that the launchpad mails
> did not contain as much context as the current collector emails. Has
> that changed?

No, it has not changed right now. I think it should not be a big issue
right now. For prompt followups you usually don't need the whole thread.
For followups to older issues you still can click on the link..I think
that's good enough [tm] right now and I am sure that the LP guys will add
the feature at some time. They have been very cooperative in the past.

Andreas