[Zope-CMF] Re: Show/hide content from users/groups

roel roel.vandenbergh at scarlet.be
Tue Sep 18 08:33:21 EDT 2007

---------- Originele hoofding -----------

Van      :
Naar          : zope-cmf at zope.org
Cc          :
Datum      : Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:24:57 +0200
Onderwerp : [Zope-CMF] Re: Show/hide content from users/groups

> roel wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> > I spend several days digging trough various information sources, but I could
> > not find a proper solution.
> >
> > What am I missing here?
> >
> > With kind regards, Roel.
> >

> 'VerboseSecurity' is your friend ;-)
>
> Raphael

Hmmm ....

Found an interesting page at http://wiki.zope.org/zope2/VerboseSecurity
They apparently did not have this in Zope 2.5.1

Enabled verbose-security, restarted Zope and disabled login_form in cookie
authentication ...

Trying to access the site I got a pop-up asking for credentials ... pretended
to be a user and ... voila ... the site comes up as intended, with hidden
folders discarded as should be. So up to this point I didn't do anything wrong
 :-)

Now for the tricky part. I use a 'hard' redirect triggered by the 'logged_in'
page template, so people need to access the site trough the 'login_form'
template (Correct?). So I manually enter http://site/login_form and enter the
 necessary credentials. A pop-up appears asking for credentials, which I
enter. This pop-up appears three times on which I get the following message ...

(http://site/logged_in)

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: Your user account does not have the required permission. Access
to 'setProperties' of (ImplicitAcquirerWrapper object at 0xb04612c) denied.
Your user account, Beneens, exists at /total/acl_users. Access requires one of
the following roles: ['Manager']. Your roles in this context are
['Authenticated', 'Member'].
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error log.

I cannot find any clues in the event.log nor in the Z2.log, but I find it odd
to have to give a mere Member admin rights to be able to log in trough the
standard login form.

Kind regards, Roel.

---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/