[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Known working sets II [was: Eggification redux]

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Sep 25 13:20:07 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote at 2007-9-25 17:22 +0200:
>Should we then encourage everyone to hardcode version numbers in their
>setup.py's dependencies list?

I think this goes against building applications from components --
as it drastically increases the probability of conflicts.

Components should are week dependancy requirements to be
maximally usable -- not fixed dependancies.

I think, this holds for frameworks, too, as they are also components.

--
Dieter