[Zope-CMF] Re: Eggified CMF 2.1.1 now available

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Mon Aug 4 21:47:53 EDT 2008

Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Tres Seaver, on 2008-08-03:
>> I created "satellite" versions of the 2.1.1 eggs for the remaining CMF
>> products this morning:
>>
>>  - CMFDefault
>>
>>  - CMFTopic
>>
>>  - CMFActionIcons
>>
>>  - CMFCalendar
>>
>>  - CMFUid
>>
>>  - DCWorkflow
>>
>> Source distributions for the 2.1.1 versions are now available on PyPI.
>
> Great, thanks!
>
> But I hit a problem when I try to make a checkout the CMFActionIcons tag:

> $ svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Products.CMFActionIcons/tags/2.1.1
> A    2.1.1/Products
> A    2.1.1/Products/EXTERNALS.txt
> A    2.1.1/Products/__init__.py
> A    2.1.1/setup.py
> A    2.1.1/README.txt
>  U   2.1.1
>
> Fetching external item into '2.1.1/Products/CMFActionIcons'
> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
> svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
> This is because EXTERNALS.txt points to:
>
> CMFActionIcons svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/CMF/tags/2.1.1/CMFActionIcons
>
> Should that not be changed to just svn instead of svn+ssh?
>
> I *do* have an ssh account for svn.zope.org, so a checkout of
> svn+ssh://mauritsvanrees@svn.zope.org/... works.  Am I missing some
> trick so that svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/ works too, without having a
> username in there?
>
> Come to think of it, when my username on my laptop would have been
> 'mauritsvanrees' this checkout probably would have worked, so there is
> probably an ssh config file somewhere that I can tweak.  Does anyone
> know how to do that?

yes, b/c i just had to figure it out to check out the cmf-coredev buildout at
https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/buildouts/cmf-coredev/trunk.  you have to
include something like this in your ~/.ssh/config file:

Host svn.zope.org
User [USERNAME]

the "Host" directive means that all subsequent config options only apply to
that host, at least until another Host directive is hit.  wildcards are
supported, so "Host *" will match all hosts.

-r