[Zope-CMF] Re: Add forms and menus

Daniel Nouri daniel.nouri at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 18:16:40 EDT 2008

Martin Aspeli writes:
> Yuppie writes:
>> but in general that's the way to go. Since z3c.form became the
>> standard in the Zope 3 world I'd like to see Zope 2 and CMF moving
>> in the same direction. Unfortunately using plone.z3cform is no
>> option for CMF because it has a different license and
>> repository. *If* Plone wants to donate that code to the Zope
>> Foundation or someone writes something similar (maybe five.z3cform),
>> I'd be happy to help with CMF integration.
>
> Bah, I hate these discussions. I'm sure Daniel Nouri would be happy to
> relicense. Re-invention for the sake of a license is just too dumb.
>
> I'd prefer to keep the name to avoid breaking existing packages, though.
>
> Another option is to factor out a few things to a five.z3cform and
> have plone.z3cform import from it as appropriate.

I just relicensed and moved plone.z3cform to the Zope repository:

  http://svn.zope.org/plone.z3cform/trunk/

Despite the "plone" namespace, it works fine in CMF and pure Zope 2.
*Some* of the functionality (modules) is Plone or CMF specific.  The
default configure.zcml aims to be usable without Plone or CMF.

There's a buildout.cfg in there that pulls Plone.  I'd like to replace
it with a Zope2-only one (and maybe move the existing buildout to
another location).  The tests work without Plone.

Daniel