[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] newstyle content creation

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Sat May 10 10:00:15 EDT 2008

yuppie wrote:
</snip>
>> The lookup is pretty much what I do at the moment. I can't think of an
>> easy way of doing this apart from convention which is pretty much what
>> you suggest with "addFile". I suppose the next thing would be to add
>> support for the '+' syntax and addMenuItem directive?
>
> The IAdding view ('+' syntax) and Zope 3 menus are special code for the
>  Zope 3 app ZMI. I don't plan to add support for that.

FWIW, in Plone we rely on the adding view. If a new style factory is
specified in the FTI a view of that name is looked up on the adding view
of the container. This is from
plone.app.contentmenu.menu.FactoriesSubMenuItem:

addingview = queryMultiAdapter((addContext, self.request), name='+')
if addingview is not None:
     addview = queryMultiAdapter((addingview, self.request),
name=fti.factory)
     if addview is not None:
         return '%s/+/%s' % (baseUrl, fti.factory,)

We don't make any use of the Zope 3 menu directives.

Laurence