[Zope-CMF] Working with Zope 3 skin layers

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue May 27 07:13:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

a couple of questions when using these - I was hoping to be able to
use one for some special views of a site but I'm getting errors.

I've defined and configured a layer and it works when called by ++skin+
+ traversal but I have problems if I configured views to work with it
explicitly: I get "not found" errors.

ie.

     <browser:page
         for="Products.Charlie.event.interfaces.IEventDetail"
	layer="Products.Charlie.skin.ICharlieSkin"
         name="detail.html"
         template="detail.pt"
         class=".detail.DetailEdit"
         permission="cmf.ModifyPortalContent"
     />

fails for /@@detail.html but

     <browser:page
         for="Products.Charlie.event.interfaces.IEventDetail"
         name="detail.html"
         template="detail.pt"
         class=".detail.DetailEdit"
         permission="cmf.ModifyPortalContent"
     />
is fine with /++skin++charlie/@@detail.html

Of course, this ties in with what I get from Zope - that the adapter
can't be found. I suspect I've misunderstood something fundamental on
how views work with layers.

Regarding CMFDefault - all views are registered explicitly for
ICMFDefaultSkin but I think this isn't necessary as this is configured
as the default skin. I also got a bit a lost with the lookup and would
suggest moving the interface definition to the skin folder so that the
lookup is more explicit

     <interface
         interface="Products.CMFDefault.skin.IcamaoCmsSkin"
         type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserSkinType"
         name="cmf"
         />

Charlie
--