[Zope-CMF] Re: cmfuid and zope.app.intids

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri May 30 09:41:44 EDT 2008

Miles wrote:

[..]

> I suppose the slight deviation from BBB is that if someone is using a
> custom catalog (for example a "day-of-week-to-show" flag to provide
> random search results), they'll also need to provide some sort of
> customisation when objects are fetched by uid to get the same thing to
> happen.  Given the number of people actually using CMFUid and the
> obscurity of the use-case, I think this might be acceptable to just
> document (and/or provide some sort of adapter-based customisation so
> it's easy).
>
> Does that sound BBB enough?  I can't think of anything else that might
> break but that's what tests are for right :-) ?

Just want to sneak in the following here:

One prominent "user" of CMFUid is CMFEditions which in turn
underlys Plone's content versioning support. As long as that
continues to work you're probably on the safe side. I myself
have no clue how closely they are coupled but I recall that
CMFUid was factored out from CMFEditions as people realized
it might be of more general use but also to allow for easy
replacement of this component.

Raphael