[Zope-CMF] CMF write performance as poor as Plone?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Nov 23 03:15:29 EST 2008

On 22.11.2008 15:39 Uhr, Charlie Clark wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> a very interesting situation. I've never thought of object creation
> when choosing "pure" CMF over Plone as this is largely a ZODB issue.
> As Roché points out it is less likely to be the transactions and more
> likely to be the cataloguing and any other event subscribers that are
> limiting factors here. Speed comparions between CMF and Plone only
> make sense for serving content where I find pure CMF to be at least 10
> times as fast as Plone - I think the speed difference is largely down
> to the sheer size of Archetypes and the overloading of getattr().

The catalog is of course a hotspot. There is collective.indexing and the
catalog queue that ease the pain a bit and bring some improvements to
the overall performance (for both Plone and CMF) - however not as
satisfying as I was thinking of. Going with a RDBMS as backend is likely
the only option when it comes scalablity on a system with lots of
concurrent write.

Andreas