[Zope-CMF] IMember: does it exist?

Paul Winkler slinkp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:02:14 EDT 2008

Jens Vagelpohl <jens at ...> writes:

> On Oct 8, 2008, at 01:32 , Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> > Rob Miller <ra at ...> writes:
> >>  then CMF does it's normal wrapping of these user objects using the
> >> standard
> >> MemberData implementation.
> >
> > Hmm, right, so then this might still be on-topic here
> > Maybe the right thing is for CMF to do a directlyProvides() call in
> > wrapUser?
>
> The CMF itself doesn't need this. There's no place that tries to
> ensure a member does indeed provide IMemberData or similar.

In that case I'd be inclined to leave CMF alone, until somebody actually depends
on that behavior.

> If this is
> something you need for Plone I'm happy to consider patches with tests.

Not me; I was initially just trying to understand how the interfaces relate to
each other. To me it's just a documentation issue.

(Oh, and Philip, thanks for the reminder about alsoProvides(); I've made that
mistake before and should have learned from it by now!)

- PW