[Zope-CMF] CMFDefault 2.1.2-beta egg does not install

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Sep 10 16:23:28 EDT 2008

Jens Vagelpohl, on 2008-09-10:
> There is a reason why originally I pinned the egg at 1.33, and later
> relaxed the pin to allow anything 1.3.x: I see test failures with the
> 1.4.1 egg. Please run the tests with the GS 1.4.1 egg and let me know
> what you see. I am seeing errors like this:
>

><snip>
>      raise ConfigurationError("Unknown directive", ns, n)
> zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "/usr/
> local/zope/cmf-21/eggs/Products.GenericSetup-1.4.1-py2.4.egg/Products/
> GenericSetup/configure.zcml", line 62.2
>      ConfigurationError: ('Unknown directive', u'http://namespaces.zope.org/genericsetup'
> , u'exportStep')
></snip>

I see the same.  I suspect that this is only some test setup that is
missing, or a missed loading of the meta.zcml of GenericSetup, but my
testing Fu fails to point me in the right direction here.

GS introduces new features, but I am not aware of any backwards
incompatible changes.  Am I correct in that?

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/