[Zope-CMF] Best use of source numbers in GS upgrade steps?

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Apr 17 08:44:00 EDT 2009

yuppie, on 2009-04-17:
>> And this tells me that my way of specifying source=1.1.9 and dest=2.0
>> should still work.  A snippet of those tests adapted to my numbers
>> gives this result:
>>
>>   1.1.9 (source) > 1.1.2 (current) < 1.2 (dest)
>>
>>       >>> e.versionMatch('1.1.2')
>>       False
>>       >>> e.isProposed(tool, '1.1.2')
>>       False
>>       >>> bool(_extractStepInfo(tool, 'ID', e, '1.1.2'))
>>       True
>
> If you add that test to the trunk this behavior will become officially
> supported...

Ah, I meant that this test is already in trunk.  The versions there
are slightly different but not in a relevant way.

trunk:

  1.1 > 1.0 < 1.2

me:

  1.1.9 > 1.1.2 < 1.2

and those two comparisons are exactly the same in principle:

  source > current < dest

So trunk works fine for me.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/