[Zope-CMF] CMF Tests: 3 OK, 1 Failed

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Mon Aug 17 11:48:25 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Jens Vagelpohl<jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2009, at 16:45 , Tres Seaver wrote:

>>> Subject: FAILED (failures=1) : CMF-trunk Zope-trunk Python-2.6.2 : Linux
>>> From: CMF Tests
>>> Date: Sun Aug 16 21:17:25 EDT 2009
>>
>> This test appears to be due to changes which Alec made in fixing the
>> MailHost product on the Zope trunk.  I think these doctests themselves
>> are largely bogus (they are breaking on bits we don't care about), but
>> maybe there is an easy fix?
>
> These failures have been brought up in a zope-dev thread about the MailHost
> changes, they are related to a switch from base64 to quoted-printable
> encoding for some headers. There has not been any final determination if
> this change is OK. Alec has promised to fix the tests once this has been
> decided.

Exactly.  The failures are essentially cosmetic, I can fix them either
by removing the Quoted Printable configuration from MailHost or by
changing the CMF tests to expect Quoted Printable instead of Base64.
Quoted Printable is easily readable/debuggable and doesn't get
penalized by spam filters, base64 is more compact.  It may make the
most sense to remove the Quoted Printable config from MailHost and
just punt this decision to some future release.

Alec