[Zope-CMF] Charsets

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Jan 19 16:54:46 EST 2009

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> yuppie wrote at 2009-1-19 11:32 +0100:
>> Charlie Clark wrote:
>>> Am 18.01.2009 um 23:00 schrieb yuppie:
>>> I agree that there shouldn't be implemented in a different way than
>>> for Zope 3. And if we can solve the problems by fixing form encoding
>>> I'm happy. Although I'd like to see UTF-8 always the first charset
>>> returned if * the quality is the same.
>> zope.publisher.http.HTTPCharsets explicitly prefers utf-8. Are you sure
>> getPreferredCharsets()[0] is iso-8859-1 with your browser?
>
> This might be true for the Zope 3 publisher
> however, Zope 2 "HTTPResponse" uses "default_encoding" (configured
> in "zope.conf") unless an encoding is prescribed by the response
> content type -- and this has nothing to do with the "Accept-Charset"
> request header.

Products.Five.browser.decode.setPageEncoding sets the response content
type charset based on zope.publisher.http.HTTPCharsets. And
setPageEncoding is called by the update method of formlib forms in Zope
2. So in this case the response encoding has something to do with the
"Accept-Charset" request header.

Cheers, Yuppie