[Zope-CMF] zc.formlib and content types

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 26 10:53:10 EST 2009

Miles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was playing with using zc.formlib and five to create some content
> types - not exactly ahead of the curve, I know.  I have it all working
> fine for basic edit/add forms.
>
> I want to replace one of the operations in a site that is a multi-page
> "wizard" with something based on zc.formlib.  Previously, the entire
> process is part of one view class, as it shares a lot of logic.  Is
> there an elegant way to do this rather than creating 3 separate forms?
> What's the "preferred" method for achieving a multipage form.

Not sure you can call it 'preferred' but IIRC z3c.form has been
developed with that particular use case in mind (and many others)

http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=z3c.form&submit=search

also gives pointers to how z3c.form is used, extended, how it is
used in Zope 2 (plone.z3cform - don't be confused by the name: this
isn't Plone specific, it's "just" contributed by the Plone community)
and to applications using it.

Raphael