[Zope-CMF] GenericSetup Zope support

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Mar 5 07:01:38 EST 2009

Hi!

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Currently GenericSetup trunk no longer runs on Zope 2.10. If I try to
> run the tests I get this:
>
>   File "/src/Products.GenericSetup/Products/GenericSetup/registry.py", line 23, in ?
>     from App.class_init import InitializeClass
> ImportError: cannot import name InitializeClass
>
> I can see two solutions:
>
> - add a BBB import to import from Globals
> - from App.class_init import default__class_init__ as InitializeClass
>
> Does anyone have preferences?

Well. The third solution is making the next releases of Zope 2.10 and
Zope 2.11 required for GenericSetup 1.5.

Importing directly from App.class_init exposed a circular import issue
in Zope, see:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2008-December/028003.html

I fixed that issue on Zope 2.10 and Zope 2.11 trunk and added
InitializeClass as alias for default__class_init__.

If you really need to run GenericSetup on older versions I'd prefer your
first solution (BBB import from Globals) because it makes sure modules
are imported in the right order.

Cheers,

	Yuppie