[Zope-CMF] CMFDefault browser view and tests confusion

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Sun May 24 08:20:12 EDT 2009

Am 24.05.2009 um 12:46 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:

> I just fixed an issue that made it impossible to add content to a
> CMFBTreeFolder and noticed that the module CMFDefault.browser and the
> tests scattered therein are a real mess right now.
>
> Looking at the various folder modules (folder.py, new_folder.py) and
> test files (folder.txt, folder_utest.txt, tests/test_folder.py, tests/
> folder_utest.txt) it is not clear to me what's used under what
> circumstances, and what's tested. Matter of fact, the doctest files
> inside browser/ are not used at all right now because the folder
> browser/tests clobbers the browser/tests.py module.
>
> Is there a way this could be cleaned up before 2.2?

I'm responsible for part of the mess - I replicated the doctests for
new_folder and then set up unit tests to replace to doctests for
consistency with other modules and for completion. The mess will be
cleared up for 2.2 when new_folder.py formlib view will replace
folder.py.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark