[Zope-CMF] CMF Tests: 3 OK, 2 Failed

yuppie y.2010 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Apr 19 03:19:00 EDT 2010

Hi Charlie!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 15.04.2010, 15:03 Uhr, schrieb yuppie<y.2010 at wcm-solutions.de>:
>> UniqueObject is derived from ImmutableId. I think you have to set this
>> for the class:
>>     id = 'cookie_authentication'
>
> Okay, makes sense if the tests are patched accordingly. Need to check what
> was causing your new doctest to fail.

I doubt you need to understand the failure and patch the tests for this.
With the id on class level they should work as before.

And please don't forget to remove the _create_forms code as well if
CookieCrumbler is no longer a Folder.

> I'll pick this up when I've made CookieCrumbler able to handle views. The
> plan on this is
>
> 1) Proper interface for CookieCrumbler
>
> 2) Use actions for login/logout

That also means you have to change the profile and add an upgrade step.

> 3) Announce the deprecation (from CMF 2.4?) of the login/logout properties
> as these will be replaced by action lookups. Is there any point in
> maintaining the other properties as variables?

After spending hours trying to understand the exception handling in
Zope, I think the unauth redirect code should be completely removed from
CookieCrumbler. An exception view seems to be a much more appropriate
solution. I'll write a prototype and report back.

Cheers,

	Yuppie