[Zope-CMF] Minor cleanup in browsers

yuppie y.2010 at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Apr 21 09:14:42 EDT 2010

Hi!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 21.04.2010, 12:57 Uhr, schrieb Charlie Clark
> <charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu>:
>
>> Additionally I'd like to rename the view folder/@@edit.html to
>> folder/@@contents.html. I kept the view name to match the PythonScript
>> but
>> I think it is both misleading - you cannot "edit" the folder with this
>> view and it causes problems with classes derived from PortalFolder which
>> are contentish (a not unusual or unreasonable thing but which currently
>> forces a new name for an edit view or some hacking to have a dedicated
>> contents view). Apart from updating the profiles and, presumably, an
>> upgrade step I don't see any side-effects.
>
> aagh! wrong again!
>
> edit ->  @@properties.html, folder_contents ->  @@edit.html

I agree this is confusing. I think this would be better:

object/metadata -> @@properties.html, object/edit -> @@edit.html
and folder/folderContents -> @@edit.html of the parent

> Gets me every time! I can just about live with "edit" referring to the
> metadata view although this is different from all other content objects
> but I'd prefer folders not to have edit views unless dedicated ones exist.
> Do we need an edit view to conform with actions/object?

Well. 'folder_contents' *is* an edit view. If you add, move or delete
subobjects you *edit* the folder. Because besides metadata this is the
only thing you edit in plain folders, I chose this generic name for that
view.

This is about dividing editing into different pages. You can edit
properties, subobjects and other content on the same page or on
different pages.

I personally use just "object/edit -> @@edit.html" and a modified
@@edit.html that allows to edit Title and Description as well.

Cheers,