[Zope-CMF] Zope2.12.3 zexp import error

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue Feb 9 16:23:15 EST 2010

Am 09.02.2010, 13:46 Uhr, schrieb Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org>:

> Your event handler "handle_new_masterpage" should be rewritten to look
> if the object it wants to instantiate already exists. If it exists it
> should obviously not try to instantiate it again.

Hiya Jens,

the handlers were written to use IObjectAddedEvent as some things in the
Zope2 world can't happen until an object has somewhere to be or more
pertinently this is the most common pattern. Adding the check is easy
enough but I'm interested in the general pattern here: should we be
looking at working with (and notifying) ObjectCreatedEvents? Or should
this check become standard?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark