[Zope-CMF] [GS] Execution order of steps (import handler executed before tool creation)

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Jan 23 07:54:13 EST 2010

I am currently in trouble with the imports of a particular Plone
product (CMFBibliographyAT).

Importing all steps of the products results in:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 600, in manage_importAllSteps
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 390, in
runAllImportStepsFromProfile
   - __traceback_info__: profile-Products.CMFBibliographyAT:default
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1179, in
_runImportStepsFromContext
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1090, in _doRunImportStep
   - __traceback_info__: bibliography-tool
  Module Products.CMFBibliographyAT.exportimport.bibliographytool,
line 124, in importBibliographyTool
  Module Products.CMFCore.utils, line 123, in getToolByName
AttributeError: portal_bibliography

So the bibliography-tool import steps expect the portal_bibliography
being available.

However this should be the case because the step is configured to be
processed after 'toolset'

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<import-steps>
 <import-step id="bibliography-tool" version="20070313-01"

handler="Products.CMFBibliographyAT.exportimport.importBibliographyTool"
              title="Bibliography Tool">
 <dependency step="toolset"/>
    Import bibliography tool definitions
 </import-step>

</import-steps>

and the toolset.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<tool-setup>
 <required tool_id="portal_bibliography"

class="Products.CMFBibliographyAT.tool.bibliography.BibliographyTool"/>
</tool-setup>

Since the importToolset handler is #3 in the list of steps I would
expect that tool
creation happens pretty early...or am I missing something?

Andreas