[Zope-CMF] View permissions not triggering

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sat Jun 26 11:00:28 EDT 2010

Am 26.06.2010, 16:57 Uhr, schrieb Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu>:

> What exact zcml registration do you use? A browser:page or a
> browser:view directive?
> Browser pages should handle permissions just fine. Browser views don't
> support the permission attribute in Zope2 / Five. This feature has
> just never been implemented. See
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/578326 for a recent report.

Hi Hanno,

It's a browser page:

   <browser:page
       for="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.ISiteRoot"
       layer="Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.ICMFDefaultSkin"
       name="logged_in.html"
       class=".authentication.LoggedIn"
       permission="cmf.ListPortalMembers"
       />

I've tried various permissions - just need one the lowest level that
members have but no dice.

FWIW this is on trunk.

Charlie
--