[Zope-CMF] Member preferences

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed Jun 30 06:52:23 EDT 2010

Am 30.06.2010, 12:26 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2010 at wcm-solutions.de>:

Hi yuppie,

> In general the svn history is quite useful for understanding old and
> complex code. But browser/utils.py isn't that old and that complex so I
> think it would be fine if you just add the correct svn properties.

On my checkout (CMF.buildout) the properties are set:

fuchsia:browser charlieclark$ svn propget svn:eol-style utils.py
native
fuchsia:browser charlieclark$ svn propget svn:keywords utils.py
Id

>> * the preferences form points the user in the direction of the password
>> change form. Shouldn't this also be a user action?
> I usually disable the preferences action completely and use
> change_password and change_email actions instead. But I was never in the
> mood to start a discussion about the CMFDefault policy.

I don't see this as policy but a necessity for proper skin support. If the
join form has an action for the preferences, then change_password should
be an action. I'm thinking of this in removing hard-coded urls from
templates where possible. The _setRedirect() method you wrote for forms is
a good example of the power of actions.

 From a policy point of view: changing passwords is probably of greater use
than changing the other settings. But you're right, there's little to be
gained from a discussion of this. FWIW I never really understood the
"portal" mania and I disable joining on all my sites. But I will add
change_password to user actions.

>> * where are the user folder security settings? local_roles for a user's
>> home folder?
> Don't understand these questions. First you talk about the user folder
> and than about user's home folders. What kind of security settings are
> you looking for?

Sorry: "Your Member folder will still be publicly accessible unless you
change its security settings."

If we're linking to other forms like change_password then we should do the
same here. This has to be local_roles form for the member's folder, hasn't
it? Although I don't see how you can hide your folder there.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director