[Zope-CMF] Removing tools in a GS profile

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 13:22:30 EST 2010

I'm trying to create an uninstall (extension) profile for
Products.membrane. I've created a toolset.xml like so:

<tool-setup>
  <forbidden tool_id="membrane_tool"
  	    class="Products.membrane.tools.membrane.MembraneTool"/>
</tool-setup>

But on running the profile I get a "ValueError: Tool membrane_tool is
required!".

This happens because on parsing the toolset.xml we hit:

class IToolsetRegistry( Interface ):

    def addForbiddenTool(tool_id ):

        """ Add 'tool_id' to the list of forbidden tools.

        o Raise KeyError if 'tool_id' is already in the list.

        o Raise ValueError if 'tool_id' is in the "required" list.
        "

Should this be allowed, or should perhaps both required and forbidden
directives support a remove attribute?

Laurence