[Zope-CMF] Looking forward - hooking up WSGI

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed Oct 13 12:00:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

given that WSGI support is scheduled for Zope 2.13 I thought I'd give it a
go with the CMF.

The instructions are basically as described on
http://nathanvangheem.com/news/running-plone-4-with-a-zope2-wsgi

I found I had to make the following notes:

The buildout *must* be a virtualenv without any site-packages otherwise
bin/paster gets confused and will not serve

buildout.cfg needs a couple of changes

repoze.tm2 must be in the eggs

comment out the server address in the [instance] section

zope2.ini or whatever you call it should be in the same folder as
buildout.cfg

That's it. I'd hoped for a speedup but it seems this was probably naive of
me. Interestingly ab tests cause the following warnings:

2010-10-13 17:53:01 WARNING ZODB.DB DB.open() has 9 open connections with
a pool_size of 7

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark