[Zope-CMF] SVN: Products.CMFCore/trunk/Products/CMFCore/ Removed os.path.walk call in windows development mode

yuppie y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Feb 3 04:01:30 EST 2011

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 06:17 PM, Nikolay Kim wrote:
>> well, we tested on modern windows, everything seem to work.
>> but problem is, it is not possible to develop on windows without this
>> patch. it just too slow. removing 'os.path.walk' makes development mode
>> as fast as on linux
[...]
[...]
> Can anybody else comment who is doing CMF-based work on Windows?

AFAIK this is primarily a file system issue, not an operating system
issue. 'Last modified' time is updated on NTFS, but not on FAT32.

Not sure what we need to support: I guess everybody is working with
Windows versions that support NTFS, but maybe some people still develop
on FAT32 partitions.

Maybe there is an easy way to detect the file system?

Cheers,

	Yuppie