[Zope-CMF] Upgrade steps linked to profiles

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue May 3 04:21:05 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Several months ago, I seem to recall a discussion that led me to
> believe it's now possible to register a GenericSetup upgrade step that
> runs an extension profile when invoked, instead of having to write a
> Python handler with imperative code to perform the migration.
>
> Now, I can't find any trace of this - was I imagining things?

It's called "upgradeDepends" and you give it a import_profile and an
explicit list of import_steps to run.

It was introduced in GS 1.5 as:

"Add <genericsetup:upgradeDepends> ZCML tag; defines a specialized
upgrade step that re-applies one or more import steps from a GS
profile during an upgrade process"

Hanno