[Zope-CMF] [dev] tools as utilities

yuppie y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Sep 12 04:52:32 EST 2011

Hi!

5 years ago we started converting CMF tools into local utilities, and we
are still stuck in the middle of that task.

The problem is that local utilities don't have REQUEST in their
acquisition chain. A few tool methods use self.REQUEST and the plan was
to replace these methods by view code. But that never happened. So these
tools and all tools depending on these tools are still not converted.

I propose to use 'five.globalrequest' instead of self.REQUEST inside
tools. AFAICS that allows to convert *all* tools into utilities.

What do you think?

Cheers,

	Yuppie