[Zope-CMF] [dev] working on the trunk

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Sep 29 12:53:42 EST 2011

Am 29.09.2011, 14:14 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de>:

> Yes.

I've hit a bit of a problem with folder syndication - I already have an
annotations adapter for storing the values on the folder and I can extend
this to be able to handle individual values rather than a dictionary but
ProxyFieldProperties don't work because the adapter itself doesn't support
properties. I also have some additional methods on the adapter that I use
 from the view. What do you think is the best way to proceed here? Subclass
the SchemaAdapter so that the encoding and DateTime stuff works okay? For
the methods I don't see any alternative but to expose the annotations
adapter explicitly within the view. Bit of a muddle, I guess.

>> I still need to set view.adapters = {} for some reason but that's okay.
> zope.formlib expects that setUpWidgets is always called before
> handle_change. If you test handle_change isolated, you have to set
> adapters by hand.

My tests never call setUpWidgets - that is almost impossible from within
unittests. But applyChanges expects an adapters dictionary for the form
even it's empty.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark