[Zope-CMF] 2.3

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Apr 11 07:41:48 UTC 2012

On Apr 9, 2012, at 23:10 , Charlie Clark wrote:

> Am 22.03.2012, 13:28 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de>:
>
>> The tools are *local* utilities. Including the ZCML doesn't fix this issue. You have to run the upgrade step.
>
> Should we add a warning to CMFTools.utils.getToolByName? To use getUtility and the interface instead?

Just a general remark: The last time we added a warning to getToolByName it had to be taken back out. The protest was too big. No one wanted to spend the time on all the third-party packages that still use that API. What's worse, back then even the CMF packages were not switched to a pure utility model and would emit these warnings as well.

jens