[Zope-CMF] CMF security patches in Products.PloneHotfix20121106

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Nov 9 16:02:13 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I don't recall any information being provided to the CMF developers about CMF fixes in the most recent Plone Hotfix:

http://plone.org/products/plone-hotfix/releases/20121106

For example, there's a monkey patch to make sure getToolByName only returns valid tool objects and nothing else, see the attached file.

I'm not sure if there's an oversight of not forwarding this information to us or if it was determined this fix is not relevant for the CMF. Would any list member who also works on Plone have an insight?

Thanks!

jens