[Zope-CMF] Weird UnicodeDecodeError with zope.formlib

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Fri Nov 30 17:21:37 UTC 2012

Am 30.11.2012, 18:14 Uhr, schrieb Patrick Gerken
<patrick.gerken at computer.org>:

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your patience in attempting to help me on this!

> I don't understand why you see no difference in the stacktrace, but a
> difference with pdb in the end. Doesn't one instance show that the input
> is a string and the other that its unicode?

Let me explain: in pdb I have access to request.form which is where I can
see the difference. With Sentry I can only see the raw body of the
request. I may simply have not understood well enough how to use it to
inspect what's happening.

I raise an exception in both cases in the forms' validate method.

> Do you see this until you extract it first from the request object?

> You are not having one form saying fieldname:string and the other just
> fieldname?

No, they are all zope.formlib/zope.schema fields so there is no additional
marshalling.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark